Job Title: Engineering Director
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: COO
An Additive Manufacturing business that are developing breakthrough material and software solutions is hiring an Engineering Director to provide process development, leadership and direction to the company for laser bed powder fusion.
This position will form close relationships with R&D, materials and the commercial teams that drive the LBPF process development that maximises value to the customers. You will build technical expertise with the materials and production services, and work directly with the commercial groups to understand and deliver the process requirements which meet customer expectations.
Business engineering leadership is vital when supporting the LBPF group relating to machine and process improvement, as well as fostering team progress.
The company is looking for someone who demonstrates a high level of professionalism in front of customers and helps to educate them on the benefits of the products and services and help customers in developing their own additive manufacturing strategy.
Ideally, you will be capable of guiding problem-solving activity and using strong analytical skills.
These duties would include the direction and supervision of engineering personnel and the control of activity prioritization.
• Work closely with the R&D, engineering commercial and technical teams to ensure a consistent and quality customer experience.
• Creates strong morale and team spirit within the team while actively fostering wins/successes through results.
• Provides direction and leadership supported by clear objectives and development plans in line with business needs for the LBPF group.
• Attains project and management goals on time and within established budget and produces forecasts for resources to support programmes.
• Drives the activities necessary to support development, production release and maintenance of products.
• Responsible for recognizing the need for and initiating appropriate management actions to assure positive customer relationships.
• Positively encourages and seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
• Understands and adheres to current quality and control policies.
• Understands and adheres to current health, safety, product liability and environmental policies.
• Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
• Qualified to Master’s Degree level is preferable in Material Science / Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering degree along with the membership of a professional institution.
• Senior leadership materials or process experience ideally from the metal AM industry
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project required.
• Excellent leadership skills
• Leadership experience within engineering, materials or process ideally from the metal AM industry
• At least 3 years of supervising engineers
• Must have strong technical skills in mechanical or materials engineering, especially in the metal AM industry.
• This opportunity is with a high growth company and therefore candidates must possess self-motivation, a collaborative team-oriented approach, good problem-solving skills with the ability to wear many hats at times.
Click apply or speak to Phillip Hodson for further details at:
Telephone: +44 (0)1257 268273